home made - just like mum made

As some of you know I have been making chutneys and relishes for more years than I care to remember and I have been asked so many times to start "producing" these for purchase. No pressure!

Well, I have finally decided to bite the bullet and do it and NoShortcuts was born in December 2008… having an interesting few weeks getting it all underway I now have a small range of all of the old favourites ready to go.

If you, or someone you know, have any healthy fruit or veggies going to waste in the back yard, let me know and if possible we will use these natural products.

Remember NoShortcuts is homemade - just like mum made.

Eet smakelijk,
Mary

Tuesday, May 4

Mothers Day 2010

Hi again, I notice that it is 6 months since I last updated this, talk about slack! So I will go back one , and hope you all had a wonderful Xmas and New Year? Gosh it seems like ages ago now! I went to Sydney for my son Justin's wedding to the lovely Bex and had a great time with all the family. My daughter and family came down from Macau and stayed in a place at Copocabana Beach, fabulous spot! Then it was back to work and straight into restructure mode, which is still going on but we all still have jobs so that was a positive.
Mothers Day is this weekend and I am off to Wellington to go to Logan Browns for dinner, such a treat. So if you do require any goodies then let me know and I can drop off by Friday.
I made the tomato relish over summer which is quite tasty but still on the look out for the perfect feijoa recipe. I now have stock of all the favourites except of course the Tamarillo which is not quite in season as yet but I will update you when it is.
Cook Books , a reminder that I am still searching for these. As some of you are cleaning out your cupboards or moving your parents into villages then please remember me when going to throw these out.
Recipe Stories, with the help of a couple of people, I am at present conceptualising my idea of
doing peoples stories that include their favourite recipe. This is mostly around a condiment or chutney/relish/jam and how the recipe was handed down or what ingredients were available and why. I find this most fascinating and I believe there are so many stories to hear and tell out there, especially those that have come from overseas and ended up living here in godzone. So if you can help then let me know
Also, it seems that some of you didn't receive my last email so if you wouldn't mind could you just flick back a reply and say recieved please? As I am not sure who is not getting this.
Anyway, a very HAPPY Mothers Day to all you wonderful ladies and I hope all your dreams come true..... well get a cup of tea in bed at least!!!!