home made - just like mum made

As some of you know I have been making chutneys and relishes for more years than I care to remember and I have been asked so many times to start "producing" these for purchase. No pressure!

Well, I have finally decided to bite the bullet and do it and NoShortcuts was born in December 2008… having an interesting few weeks getting it all underway I now have a small range of all of the old favourites ready to go.

If you, or someone you know, have any healthy fruit or veggies going to waste in the back yard, let me know and if possible we will use these natural products.

Remember NoShortcuts is homemade - just like mum made.

Eet smakelijk,
Mary

Sunday, November 15

I have had to restock supplies as my daughter has been selling the range in Macau and expects her first delivery by the end of November!!!! 36 jars!!! So I now have a very limited quantity of Tamarillo Chutney and unless I can get some more very soon then this will be it until next June. All other products are in stock or will be shortly and in time for Xmas.
XMAS is now only 6 weeks away and time is ticking over very quickly!! IF you want any presents for the office party, staff gifts, small hostess gift for that dinner invitation or chutney gift stacks as Xmas gifts then remember these can be gift wrapped to your requirements. Don't forget the Mustard pickle goes beautifully with the Xmas ham.
New products, I am working on some ideas with feijoas and have tried plain feijoa jam, ginger lemon and feijoa jam and a chutney. Some of you guinea pigs have enjoyed these but to be honest I can't say that I think I have perfected it yet. So if anyone has a really cool recipe I can try then let me know, free product in store if you do!!!
I have also made some lime marmalade as my lime tree was very laden with fruit this year, and I found this yummy as a marinade on roast chicken or with blue cheese. I had a few limes left over so I made some lime and orange marmalade for those of you who love it and can't eat grapefruit due to some medications.
Thai Chilli Jam, another firm favourite is now also available with No fish sauce included (my daughter doesn't do fish) so it is a less salty version of the same fabulous product. In fact I am making a normal brew as I write this...If there are any other dietary needs or requests then we can discuss further.
When bulk tomatoes are available again from my grower (this should be soon) then I will be trying a tomato relish recipe which has a curry slant, I trialled this last season from the tomates out of my garden and would have to say it was really tasty.
Bulk ordering of a product is also available. I have some people that buy 6-8 jars of the same product on a regular basis and I am happy to make up a "batch" just for you and this could potentially reduce costs as well.
My Garden, is now receiving a make over. I have had the trees topped and some removed to make way for loads of fruit trees and more veggie patches so I can grow my own products. It will be a long slow process but I hope to have a lot of it done by next autumn.
Cheese Course ...... I did however find time over the winter to attend a cheese making course (only one night a week for 6 weeks at the college) where I learnt how to make natural yoghurt, cream cheese, butter, sour cream, haloumi, camembert and a few others that I had never heard of before, all using a natural culture of sorts!!! So interesting, loved it.So needless to say I am now having yoghurt with fresh fruit and homemade museli for breakfast. It is very tasty! So if anyone wants any of these products let me know and I can make some up, or if you want to start your own yoghurt let me know and I can help you.

Anyway, must go and put the chutney into the jars
Take care and Eet Smakelijk.