home made - just like mum made

As some of you know I have been making chutneys and relishes for more years than I care to remember and I have been asked so many times to start "producing" these for purchase. No pressure!

Well, I have finally decided to bite the bullet and do it and NoShortcuts was born in December 2008… having an interesting few weeks getting it all underway I now have a small range of all of the old favourites ready to go.

If you, or someone you know, have any healthy fruit or veggies going to waste in the back yard, let me know and if possible we will use these natural products.

Remember NoShortcuts is homemade - just like mum made.

Eet smakelijk,
Mary

Monday, December 5

Xmas 2011

Hi again, Just under three weeks left until Xmas and another year bites the dust!! I don't know about any of you but I have to admit I haven't done much Xmas shopping as yet and really need to get organised. I am off to Melbourne again this year and EVERYONE for all sides of each family are coming, should be a hoot. But the main thing is all my babies will be together this time so very much looking forward to this and of course ANOTHER birthday!!! eek.
Anyway, I have been busy making your favourite chutneys with one of the most popular at this time of year being the Mustard Pickle to go with the glazed ham. I also have plenty of Tamarillo, Beetroot Relish etc.
I have also got a couple of unlabelled jars (new trial recipes) of Fig Chutney. Another new one is the Feijoa and Ginger Jam, this is lovelyishious if you like feijoas. If you are wondering how I still have this, I froze off some fruit in season that I got straight from the grower.
I made some Tomato Relish, the old fashioned sort with the curry flavour for an order and have a little left over, this is very useful to have in the pantry, not only for cold meats but as a pasta sauce, through rice, in a casserole or over cream cheese as a salsa.YUMMY
Specials -
Gherkin Relish 2 for the price of 1
I have a cancelled overseas order and have about 20 jars I would like to move as these are last seasons. They still taste great but because there are no colourings or additives the colour is slightly paler than normal now. As always there is a 100% money back guarantee with these.
Marmalade - 2 for the price of 1
A little bit of stock I would like to move with this as well. There is Grapefruit, Orange, Grapefruit and Orange or Lime. This is actually really nice as a coating over your roast chicken or the lime is lovely with blue cheese.
Orders
You can email or phone me if you need anything, the last day I can cook will be the weekend of the 17/18th, if I have run out of stock by then otherwise I can drop off to you or you can collect from home until 21st Dec.
Merry Xmas
Thanx to everyone for supporting another year of great eating and I would like to wish you and yours a happy and safe Xmas.

Eet smakelijk

Mary
NoShortcuts